[NMusers] SAEM with MAXEVAL= 0 possible? or any work around?

From: Andrew Tse <andrewhwtse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 10:56:42 +0800

Dear All,

I have a data file that I would like to fit into other people's model
(using their THETA values to run my datafile) to see how good the
predictions are.
I have switched to SAEM from FOCE due to non-convergence issue for my base
model, therefore I would like to use SAEM method to evaluate model fitting
with published models for a fair comparison. When I tried the same
MAXEVAL=0 with SAEM, I have got an error message on MAXEVAL must be at
least 1 with SAEM. There are very little discussion on this topic with
SAEM. Can anyone please shed some light on any work around? If there is no
work around for using published model's THETA values to run my data file
with SAEM, how should I create a fair comparison to compare my SAEM base
model with published models that are run on FOCE?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Andrew Tse

Research Pharmacist