Re: [FORGED] [NMusers] RE: question about random seed for simulation

From: Nick Holford <n.holford_at_auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:30:05 +1300

Penny,

A simple solution using NONMEM is to put the different designs one after
the other and separate them with an EVID=4 data item on the first dosing
record for each design. You can a DESIGN data item value for each design
which then makes it simple to use the simulated data in a subsequent
NONMEM estimation run using ACCEPT or IGNORE on the $DATA record.

That way you can do the simulation just once and be sure to have all the
random effects (ETA) identical for each subject.

Best wishes,

Nick

--
Nick Holford, Professor Clinical Pharmacology
Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology, Bldg 503 Room 302A