RE: question about random seed for simulation

From: Faelens, Ruben <Ruben.Faelens>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 23:11:34 +0000

Hi Penny,

Nonmem indeed calculates each subject one after the other. The random value=
s will therefore change. Maybe you can set the random seed every time you s=
imulate t=0, based on the subject ID?
This may also depend on your data file; have you tried ordering on time (so=
 the first 50 rows are all t=0 for subject 1 to 50) ?

This largely depends on the simulation software and its design:
As an example: Simulo samples all subjects together at simulation start, af=
ter which it runs the trial design; so the same subjects are sampled indepe=
ndent of subsequent trial design.

I do not know about other tools (TS.2, simulx, mrgsolve), maybe the authors=
 of these tools can specify?

Kind regards,
Ruben Faelens