[NMusers] VPCs confidence intervals?

From: Soto, Elena <elena.soto_at_pfizer.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:48:59 +0000

Dear all,

I have a question regarding visual predictive checks (VPCs).

Most of VPCs used now, include a line representing the median and 5th and 9=
5th percentiles of the data values and an area around the same percentiles =
that is commonly define as the 95% confidence interval (of the simulations)=
.

But is it correct, from the statistical point of view, to call confidence i=
nterval to this area? And if this is not the case how should we define them=
?

Thanks,
Elena Soto

Elena Soto, PhD
Pharmacometrician
Pharmacometrics, Global Clinical Pharmacology
Global Product Development

Pfizer R&D UK Limited, IPC 096
CT13 9NJ, Sandwich, UK
Phone : +44 1304 644883

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be =
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mai=
l by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, any disclosu=
re or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not ta=
ken) in reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not =
an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
Pfizer R&D UK Limited is registered in England under No. 11439437 with its =
registered office at Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ