Modeling & Simulation Scientist
About the Company
Actelion Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company focused on the
discovery, development and commercialization of innovative drugs for
diseases with significant unmet medical needs.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the entire spectrum of care, from
WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and
intravenous medications. Actelion is also offering treatments for a number
of specialist diseases including Type 1 Gaucher disease, Niemann-Pick type
C disease, Digital Ulcers in patients suffering from systemic sclerosis,
and mycosis fungoides in patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma.
Founded in late 1997, with now over 2,400 dedicated professionals covering
all key markets around the world including the US, Japan, China, Russia
and Mexico. Actelion has its corporate headquarters in Allschwil / Basel,
Actelion shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: ATLN)
as part of the Swiss blue-chip index SMI (Swiss Market Index SMI®). Al=
trademarks are legally protected.
- Providing quantitative pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modelling
and simulation expertise to pre-clinical project and Life Cycle teams
- Applying quantitative PK/PD modelling and simulation to inform
pre-clinical candidate selection
- Being a champion and advocate for pharmacometrics within the company
- Analyzing, interpreting and reporting pharmacokinetic and
pharmacodynamic data from pre-clinical studies
- Performing PK/PD simulations and predicting pre-clinical and clinical
PK from nonclinical data as appropriate
- Collaborating, mentoring and guiding other DMPK team members with
pharmacometric support on their projects
- Interacting cross-functionally with other departments including
Medical Organization, Toxicology, Formulation and Discovery
- Preparing and/or reviewing PK, PK/PD components of internal documents,
briefing books and regulatory submission documents (e.g. IND, NDA, IB an=
other regulatory documents)
- Actively preparing, reviewing and publishing scientific papers and
- Representing the DMPK line on project teams
- PhD in relevant discipline (e.g. Quantitative Pharmacology,
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering)
- 2 to 3 years experience in Modelling and Simulation in the
Pharmaceutical Industry or Contract Research Organisations
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong understanding of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles
- Good general knowledge about DMPK principles, DMPK in vitro assays,
DMPK in vivo models
- Hands-on experience with modelling and simulation software packages
(WinNonlin Phoenix, NonMEM, Monolix, R)
- Experience with Gastroplus, SimCYP would be advantageous
- Must be a team player and great communicator
What Actelion Offers
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic
- The innovative and stimulating atmosphere of a multicultural
Please apply electronically via
The research facilities are located in Allschwil, Switzerland, a suburb of
Basel on the borders of France and Germany.
The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is
prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify the=
sender immediately and destroy this email.
The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter=
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to=
state them to be the views of the sender's company.
Received on Wed Nov 04 2015 - 06:10:12 EST