[NMusers] IGNORE under $DATA ignored

From: Xinting Wang <wxinting1986_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 11:26:02 +0800

Dear all,

I have a technical question to ask regarding the IGNORE=_at_ option under
$DATA.

I have a data set created by R and submitted to run under NONMEM, but
somehow the IGNORE option is not read by the program and give me a list of
error messages saying:

(DATA ERROR) RECORD 1, DATA ITEM 14, CONTENTS: "DOSE"
 ITEM IS NOT A NUMBER.

 (DATA ERROR) RECORD 1, DATA ITEM 15, CONTENTS: "SEX"
 ITEM IS NOT A NUMBER.

​I tried to move the IGNORE to a different line without any effect.
Additionally, I tried to use different output functions (write.table and
write.csv) under R, tried different coding (using fileEncoding= option) b=
ut
this problem still occurs. I am wondering if anyone else has come across
this problem and if so, could you please share your resolving experience?

All of the R and NONMEM program were run under Red Hat Linux. Thanksâ€=
‹ in
advance for your kind help.

Best

--