We are pleased to announce the next *BAYES2015* meeting to be held in
Basel, Switzerland, *19-22 May 2015*.
The practical implementation of Bayesian thinking into pharmaceutical
research has been slow due to either important computational challenge,
lack of Bayesian education in the bio-statistical community or reluctance
of regulatory authorities on the usefulness of the Bayesian approach.
However, recent developments in Clinical trials such as adaptive designs,
in Non-Clinical, in Model Based Drug Development and in Health economics
paradigms indicate the rising interest, added value and business impact of
The *objective* of the workshop is multifold:
- Present some applied case studies in the clinical, non-clinical and CMC
- Highlight the participants about some success stories and impact of the
- Promote the Bayesian thinking and practices within the pharmaceutical
- Underline the advantages of Bayesian modeling for science and business
- Show and update participants on the new numerical solutions making
Bayesian statistics an easy journey
The BAYES2015 meeting will start with an *optional 1-day course* on â€=
Industry Approach to Bayesian Phase I Oncology Trials: Methodology and
Implementationâ€ť (Instructors: Beat Neuenschwander and Simon Wandel)=
There will be *2 invited sessions*:
1. Computational challenges and opportunities for advanced models and ODE
(speakers: Bill Gillespie, Fang Chen, Marc Lavielle, Sebastian Weber,
Michael Betancourt, Martyn Plummer, David Lunn and Adrien Todeschini)
2. Communicating Bayesian Statistics (speakers: Tony Oâ€™Hagan, Stuar=
and Didier Poirault)
In addition, there will be several *contributed sessions*.
Registration and call for abstracts is now open.
Please visit the following website for details and links to registration
for the meeting: http://www.bayes-pharma.org/
On Behalf of the BAYES2015 Committee
Received on Mon Dec 08 2014 - 05:32:06 EST